I consider myself the type of person who handles stress very well. I am insanely organized, detailed and the type-A personality type who always needs to be in control, because I don’t trust that anyone else can do the job better than me. Yes, this would make for the perfect Bridezilla.
I am getting married in less than one month, but I have been surprisingly and concerningly calm. I have had my wedding planned since I was 14 and it’s all laid out in a giant binder that is about to burst.
Any last-minute detail has been taken care of on my end: dress fittings, favors, bridal party gifts, you name it. It’s the buying a house and trying to close while making sure everything is perfect and dealing with last-minute suggestions from others that is driving me mad and stressing me out. Not sure if I’ll have the time to actually try any of these out, but here is a list of some proven ways to de-stress and get past the feeling of utter chaos and hopelessness:
1. Hydrate: Water is the best cure for any and everything. You should be drinking eight 8 oz. glasses of water everyday. When you do, you’ll have more energy and your skin will be clearer.
2. Pamper yourself: Get a massage, a manicure/pedicure, indulge in something sweet or treat yourself to a mini-shopping spree. Whatever works so you can focus on yourself.
3. Stop the clock: Take an hour and go for a walk, read, watch a movie or do something to take your mind off life and escape reality for a while.
4. Take a nap: Sometimes you just need to recharge your batteries and you’ll probably be less cranky if you get some extra sleep.
5. Communicate: Talk to your family and friends about what’s stressing you out. It’s ok to vent to them, that’s kind of what they are there for.